Dan and the boys are going backpacking this weekend, Friday-Monday... so it will be all girls plus Steven for 4 days. Next week is our last week "off" before school starts on the 13th.
It has been so busy lately that there is a sigh of relief, and I am sure the kids will appreciate Mommy not being to busy for them, I have been working on projects every day and some days into the night. Dan has helped me keep perspective and brought me back to earth many a time in the past few weeks. When it comes to things like this I am a very driven person and don't like to stop until it's done and done right. So letting other people do things is hard, as is leaving a job undone. He has had to remind me it will be still be there and that the more important thing at that moment is the kids. Kierstynn has been a tremendous help this summer!
My latest project was re-staining the fence out front ( which took me an entire day into the evening to do just one side of the fence!), painting the front foyer, stairwell, hallway area and painting trim, doors and baseboard (Dan helped when he got home with the stuff I couldn't reach). He has been a great help and the stairway looks great!! He has been a busy man and is very worn out and tired himself. I hope he doesn't get to worn out this weekend backpacking with 7-8 other teenage boys (him being the only true adult, there is Stefan going who is like 20 I think but he is the oldest.)
Here are some recent pictures.
Jamie posing with his "new" van (new to him).
Jamie and Dan working on the door latches that weren't working.
Jamie
Kierstynn hanging out in Jamie's van.
Washing it.
Steven crawling around watching his brother longingly. (13 months old)
Painting the foyer.
During the painting stage.
Ariel and Bryanna posing for me tonight with the finished stairwell.
More posing on the stairwell.
Ariel and Bryanna on the new stairway area.
Not the best picture because it is dusk but all the front has been touched up and the fence repainted.
For Sale! Beautifully remodeled 1910 Victorian, 2,100 square feet. 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms
$289,000
Steven and Ariel tonight, he loves watermelon!
Steven is 13 months old now and Ariel is 7 1/2 years old.
Bryanna with her cute smile and her watermelon!
Steven and his big blue eyes.
Your house is SO beautiful, Sheila. Such a charm. And that front door is AMAZING. The house looks like a pretty cupcake for sale! Why are you selling? I read that you want more land around it -- like your previous 1/3 acre site. Just expanding in size, is that why? Different neighborhood?
ReplyDeleteI am going to Michigan tomorrow for a few days; my brother was just there recently aand I instructed him to pick up a birthday cake because Helen, Chuck, Sherrill and Shawn Arbor (visiting from OR) were stopping in. He put "Happy Birthday Shawn" on the cake, and 42 --which I was guessing was her age, but I guessed correctly! I visited Helen about a month ago and she gave me some original prints of my g-g-grandparents. She said, "I am getting ready to die... or move!" Probably, she was thinking, whichever comes first.